Friday, August 23, 2013

Learning to not set expectations

People always tell you, set a goal, set a dream. But does that concern interaction with others? Let's just say, you set a goal for someone, something you put in your mind, for them to achieve... And they don't. Wouldn't that leave you feeling frustrated and disappointed? 

Let's say, you are waiting at the airport and deep down, even though you know that your friend is fetching you, you wish that that special someone would that the initiative to text her, telling her that he would fetch you. And the best part, he would take the extra mile into surprising you. Then, you wake up from your fantasy and your friend is still there. He is no where in sight. Disappointing right? 

Some people just won't go through that much. That is something that we all have to learn. Call me a romantic at heart, a soppy sap, but I would love if a guy would do that type of stuff for me. But unfortunately, where I am from, you would be lucky to even get a call from him before you go to bed. Don't even think about surprise visits, lovely gestures and all other forms of romances. Sigh, Asians

I think that I have been watching too many love stories. I should stop. Maybe continue my interest in horror movies. You definitely won't be disappointed if you don't wake up to a serial killer staring at you with that grin, and the bloody axe. Well, unless you are one sick fella. Dying from insanity. Yup. 

I know, I'm partly at fault. That I don't state what my requirements are, but come on, can't you take that initiative to figure it out? Yes, I really really really like you, but sometimes, I wish my life was a movie. 

Stop dreaming. 

If you want someone to do something, tell them. Don't expect them to do it just because you would have done it without them telling you to. No one is the same. In a relationship, in order to make things work, you just have to state your claims, stand up for what you want and please, don't expect him to read your mind. He won't. Life isn't a movie. He is not Ryan Gosling or Ryan Reynolds or other hot male heartthrob. Just be happy if he even thinks about you. That is a lot coming from him. 

But guys, please... Sometimes, put that special girl first. She won't be willing to stand in the background, an afterthought all the time. One day, she will just get up and walk away. Don't lose her. You already got her. Now, make her stay. Make her think that you are a guy worth fighting for. 

No comments: