It is the eve of the most important day for this country. We have been through a lot, from being under the Brits to the loss in the WWII to that fateful day when we were declared free. But times have change. Is this what we dreamt about? Instead of being oppressed by others, now we are stuck... Thinking we have freedom but we don't. Sad isn't it?
But even with all that, all the injustice and lies, we still have friends of every culture. I mean, speaking from a person whose most friends are Indian anyways ;) , we get along so well, like there is nothing standing in the way, there is nothing different about us at all. If only the big guys know how to cooperate too. Maybe then we will finally get that Satu Malaysia spirit.
But besides that... Today would mark the first time I am away from JY for a major event. I hope you guys are having fun and many blessings coming from KL. It is a funny feeling, right now... A pang of sadness mixed with, if I'm not mistaken, liberty. Maybe I'm moving on. Time to explore the rest of the world.
Don't get me wrong, I miss you guys so much, it aches. I just wished you would miss me back, love me me as much as I love you. I watched a show a few days back and this conversation really struck me...
(about how much sacrifices the girl made for her brother after their parents passed away, depriving her own needs)
Melinda: Why do you continue doing it?
Girl (looks at her exasperatedly): Because he is my brother.
You know, when you are in his good graces, he would make you feel so special, that you are irreplaceable. So, I would do anything for him...
And if he could see how much I love him, maybe one day, he would love me back.
With that, I would leave with a smile and contentment, knowing why I feel what I feel.
Have a great merdeka day, everyone! Let the fireworks begin :)
No comments:
Post a Comment