Today, I look at myself in the mirror. Suddenly, light is shed on me. I can't recognize the girl looking back at me. Where was the girl that was so sick of everything that she wanted to end her life? Where was that girl that people said she wouldn't amount to anything? Where was that girl that got bullied in high school and didn't have anyone to confide in? Where was that outcast?
I can't seem to find her. Not a single shred. What do I see instead? I see a beautiful, talented, lovable, popular girl, that is so in love with life and is so HAPPY. Someone I would have been envious about. If you were to tell me six years ago that I would feel like this now, I wouldn't have believed you. Not then, not in a million years. If you told me I was a masterpiece, I would have died laughing. Please. I thought my destiny was sealed. But was I wrong. I thought I was alone. I thought I was useless. I thought that there would be no salvation. And then, my Best Friend called.
It is amazing how that when you are called, even from the deepest sort of mess, He will find you. At the oddest moment, He calls. It is up to you to answer. And I did. And I really thank God that I did. I truly believe that He has plans for all of us to prosper and not be left in the dark.
That day, I was so angry with my friends, for volunteering me for something I didn't want to do. To play the piano?! Why would I want to play the thing I hated so much. I was just doing it to finish my training and be done with it. They thought it would have been funny and in a way, a good opportunity to present into my life. Why would I want to play for the confirmation camp? No one else in the room wanted to volunteer to play the keys. So I tried. And the rest is history. And because of that one incident, I am who I am.
And now, looking back, I'm glad I said yes all those years ago. Without that 'mistake', I would still be what I used to be. But instead, I'm EMPOWERED. People say I'm lucky, that I got my break. But I will deny it. Luck is something that cannot be determined and you will not know the outcome or when it would happen. So, I'm not lucky, I'm blessed. Because I know that no matter what happens, the blessing I have will pull me through. Because blessings are accountable for, and they are here to stay.
I have grown so much - musically, artistically, and every other aspect of my life. And I'm finally proud when I look at myself. And now, I need to share my blessings with everyone else. It doesn't matter how much of despair you're in. It doesn't matter whether you are not that typical beauty. It DOESN'T matter. If God could have pulled me out of the disappointments of life, and changed my life, it can happen to anyone. I was once broken down, but now I'm lifted high.
I hope that this has brought hope to you. Those that are weary, anxious and have given up. I was once there too. I know what it felt like to never want to get out of bed anymore, to raise your hands in defeat. Someone had that HOPE for me, to save me, He will save you too. Just say YES. I did, and it changed my life.
1 comment:
AMEN AMEN! You're right.. He indeed has plans for everyone of us to prosper and not to be left in the dark.. Love love..=)
Post a Comment