I look out at my surroundings. Blurred. Wandering lost, trying to feel my way around. Where has it gone? What happened to me? Everything seems so foreign, like I have never seen them before. Everything feels different, like I haven't touched them before. Surely this is my room. Surely these are my things... why did it feel so weird? So strange? How can I be so wrong-footed in my own room?
I bent down, feeling the cold, hard floor, hoping to find what I've lost. Reaching out to the darkest corner under bed, I have yet to find it. Feeling around blindly, hoping to touch that oh-so-familiar feeling, trying to get it back.
Nothing.
Pushing the shelves aside, my fingers aimlessly fail to find them among the dust-coated floor. Imagine this, moving everything aside, getting out of the comfort zone just to find something that was misplaced. It must really be important. I need to find it.
Still nothing.
Desperate now, thinking how am I going to leave my house like this, praying that this is some kinda spaced out mind trick, I look under the covers of my bed. Feeling around under the pillows, taking out the comforter, messing everything up when it was once so nicely made. Under my pillow, I found my phone. I have put it on vibrate, not wanting to be disturbed by the outside world of worries, pain and lost. But now, I'm stuck in my own world, lost, alone and in the dark. There was no need for anyone else to do it for me.
Still nothing.
That's it, what if I lost them forever? How can I enter the world, unclear of everything, feeling so lopsided, so disoriented? I started praying even harder now because I really need them. I need to find them. They are really important to me.
Then I step back from the bed, and there they are, right behind me. The whole time, watching me as I go through the unproductive search for them. How could they have been there the whole time, without my knowledge? I thought I had lost them for good.
Finally, putting them back on, my vision cleared again, still feeling loopy from the disorientation but definitely better. My glasses that are supposed to give me the clearer view of life. Who knew that in that brief moment of darkness, I learnt something else too.
No comments:
Post a Comment